Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Details for July 2009 plans




Front Entrance
Replacing the round transom with a shed dormer on extended brackets. Roofing will probably be cedar to keep costs down, especially since it is temporary.

This one is from the Old Dominion Southern Accents showhouse.


This is a detail from an Emrose Builders' home in Connecticut



This is the featured home in Frontgate this month.



Here are some of the window sills done in marble I spoke about.
I like the first the best. A stone piece is not very thick, but it is deep enough to create a small shelf. The next photo is similar, but the stone is the same on the backsplash and counter. I like this unified look, but I think they positioned the window too high. I like how you basically only see the sash, and none of the trim. I am assuming you would either need a fixed, double hung, or push out window to create this effect.

Another marble sill. I like the very small gap between the window height and the counter height.


This counter is even with the window. I would consider doing this too.