Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Walk-in Pantry

Walk-in Pantries
  • This is a concept I am very excited about. We originally wanted two separate walk-in pantries, but have combined the food and equipment pantry into one large closet. By doing this, it opened up the other side for a more open "2nd, or Catering Kitchen".
  • I tend to be very visual. I like to know what I have, and to know where things are, or what I need to buy, by looking quickly in one place. Not only will my daily life will improve by having enough space to have all of these items at my disposal, rather than scattered in a number of storage locations, but it will also lend to the "old" feeling I want to create by having these surprise little rooms. I want to feel as if I am going shopping and everything I need is immediately visible-- Truly a "central supply" area.

  • I would like the shelving to be like this photo. Not the standard white.
    1. Equipment pantry
      1. Items to be stored
        1. Small and medium appliances not used everyday
        2. Chafing dishes
        3. Entertaining dinnerware and flatware
        4. Holiday themed items
        5. Linens
        6. Candles/Batteries/Emergency/Fire Extinguisher
        7. Light bulbs
    1. Food Pantry
      1. All household bulk items in here (paper towels, water, drinks, etc.)
      2. All cleaning items in separate locked cabinet? Might make sense to put utility sink here, or move these items close to where we end up putting the utility sink.
      3. Locked "goodie" cabinet
      4. Most non-perishable food
      5. ? Some refrigerator or freezer components in here might make sense.